Thursday 10 August 2017

Festival of Quilts 2017

I'm just home, weary but happy after a day at the National Exhibition Centre where the Through Our Hands exhibit is looking fantastic.


The show takes over three large halls at the NEC and you really need more than one day to see everything. Luckily I'll be there again tomorrow so I'll take more photos to share then.


Here's Annabel Rainbow in full flood chatting with visitors to the TOH exhibit. You can just see her beyond those incredibly delicate pieces by Eszter Bornemisza.


And here's Laura painting a double portrait of her and Amelie 'live' on the stand. That takes some doing when you have an audience - I don't think I envy her although I was tempted to pick up the paintbrush and have a little go myself when no one was looking!


The 'Dementia Darnings' by Jenni Dutton are stunning and drew the crowds all day.


And I was happy to see my quilt 'Every Thought a Question' finally finished and hanging in the space.

If you're visiting tomorrow come and say hello but if you can't get there I promise to post more images very soon!
Bye for now - Linda x

1 comment:

  1. Rest up...would love to see this show but a tad far for this US gal! Thanks for images!

    ReplyDelete