Wednesday 30 March 2016

Crossing another couple off the list

I'm still ploughing my way through the unwieldy pile of unfinished projects. The studio seemed the most tranquil place to be over the last few days.


This little fellow had his binding attached and hemmed this morning.


He's one of my original sketchbook drawings digitally printed onto cotton fabric.


I framed the print with hand dyed cotton, added painted Bondaweb feathers and finally hand painted the wing and tail feathers to take them across into the borders and create a bit of drama. The whole thing is free motion quilted on my PowerQuilter.


You could be forgiven for thinking this quilt had fallen off the edge of the world. It's been so long since I worked on it but here it is finished. Or is it?


Now, although it's bound and has a hanging sleeve attached, I'm thinking I might add a bit of paint. I'll hang the quilt on my studio wall so I can watch it carefully before making a decision.

We live in anxious times - I hope your weekend was peaceful.
Linda x

6 comments:

  1. Both of these works are breath taking. Your subjects always strike a chord with me. Congrats on making a dent on the "to finish later" pile. Wishing you all a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you go back into a piece if you think it needs 'just a bit more...something'. I think they are both wonderful -- I especially love the moths -- but only the Artist knows for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both amazing, I love the moths, they have such a lovely quality

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your kind words. They are much appreciated and spur me on the finish more of the poor neglected!

    ReplyDelete

  5. kingroot install
    new kingroot
    kingroot pc
    kingroot android
    While there are myriad solutions for offline connectivity between our smart devices.

    ReplyDelete